Thursday, May 3, 2007

Mono

I have a 1st gen iPod Shuffle that I bring with me to the gym. Up until now, its been fantastic--light and easy to operate with a long battery life. Last week the headphones stopped working in stereo. The problem persisted even when I switched to a brand new pair. I'm guessing the problem lies with the jack itself... If I have to buy another mp3 player for the gym, I'm getting this:
It's the Zen Stone by Creative. It has 1GB of storage, uses a regular USB cable and computers recognize it as a USB drive, meaning it doesn't need any additional software (Apple, I'm looking in your general direction...). Probably the best thing about it is that it retails for $40. That's hot.
----------------
EDIT -- I cleaned my iPod shuffle's headphone jack as per this website (sort of...I used a q-tip
insead of an interdental brush). It works great now. Huzzah!


4 comments:

n said...

Are you dead set on getting something w/o a display? The Sandisk player I have is small, cheap, has a nice display, and usable w/ media player to manage files...

Steve said...

omg get a 2o generation shuffle it's so tiny omg its awesome!!!!!1

Nate said...

Did you even look at the edit? The shuffle works fine now--there's no need to replace it.

n said...

dwarf needs anger management